What is telehealth?
- It means remote delivery of healthcare services. Sometimes provided by phone, or video. We will try to do most by video if possible.
Is telehealth appropriate for me?
- Most people are appropriate as long as you have the right equipment.
What services are provided?
- Pelvic Floor Physio
- Vestibular Physio
What can telehealth service do for you?
- Teaching you self mobilization techniques (or for a loved one at home to help you with)
- Self massage and soft tissue techniques
- Home stretching exercises
- Home strengthening, balance, stability and functional exercises
- Posture and sleeping advice
- Ergonomic advice (in your own home – ask us those questions and show us exactly the issues or concerns you have with your home office, how you sleep, etc)
- Home Yoga and Pilates classes
What equipment do I need for my appointment?
- A computer with video and microphone, or a phone
How effective will my telehealth appointment be compared to my in person sessions?
- Recent studies showed approximately a 90% agreement between in person and telehealth practitioners for diagnosis accuracy of a problem for clients
- Studies show close 80% satisfaction with telehealth compared to in person sessions
Is Telehealth covered by 3rd party insurers?
- Telehealth is quite new, so we encourage you to check with your providers. However at this time Sunlife, Greatwest life and ICBC are providing coverage and so are some blue cross plans for follow up appointments
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact our reception Monday to Friday between 8 and 4pm daily and we will do our best to assist you. If we do not answer, we will return your call as soon as we can.